22 September 2010

Millions of Peaches...Peaches for Me

We picked around 300 peaches off my in-laws tree last week. I had just canned a whole bunch of peaches at the church cannery (miserable experience, PS...I was the syrup girl who filled the cans up with simple syrup and it got all in my shoes and socks. Wet canning is gross.) so I didn't can any. But I've made peach salsa, peach cobbler, peach pie, and gave a whole bunch away. We made the rounds in the neighborhood and bequeathed our good fortune to all our neighbors. Man, I want a peach tree. Thanks for planting it and letting us take a portion of the goods, Amy! (she must have had at least 1500 peaches. It didn't feel like our 300+ even made a dent). I froze the rest and we'll have smoothies and shakes to last us for months!





Peaches have belly buttons, too!



Amy described her tree as a mom who is a week overdue with triplets. That poor tree was BEGGING for some relief. Wish we could have helped her more...

6 comments:

JOCELYN & TODD (AND JM) said...

Oh my gosh... we have the cutest niece and nephew! Cami melts my heart.

Melissa Lasley said...

So jealous!

Mrs. Horton said...

That tree has gotten huge! Those peaches look delicious :)

Street Fam said...

peach shakes and smoothies sound delicious. will you mail one to me? :)

GordonandChrissy said...

Yet ANOTHER reason we should move to Colorado.

Anna said...

I remember that song :) "They come from a can, they were put there by a man, in factory downtooooown..." or by a Stephy at the cannery? Tee hee.

Cute pictures!