08 August 2007

The Warczak Farm





So Warren and I were back in Seattle this week, and we got to spend some quality time in my dad's garden. I guess their Stake President asked everyone to start a small garden to promote self-reliance. My dad jumped right in and loves to dink around in our back yard with his fruits and veggies. He has corn, lettuce, green beans, snap peas (my fav!), carrots, radishes, onions, swiss chard, zuchinni, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and broccoli growing back there. And he also has strawberries, cherries, and apples. My grandma (in the foreground) made this awesome soup out of all the veggies. Warren got to gnaw on carrots and taters, so he was having a great time as well. Way to go mom and dad (mostly dad, let's be honest) for growing awesome food.

2 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Small garden? It sounds like your dad could feed the greater Seattle area if there were to be a catastrophe! Denver sounds fun!! Great pictures! I've heard the Littletown area is nice if your looking for a place to settle. We'll have to come visit you guys when you live there.

GordonandChrissy said...

That sounds so yummy! That is totally a dream of mine to have a garden like that, I'm sure I'll never have THAT much growing, but a little patch would be nice. :) It would cost like ... a million dollars to have a garden like that out here. haha. Oh, and the berries and apples, yum-o! Way to go! Oh, and I'm glad you guys had fun, that's great that you've been able to do some trips up there. :)